Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Recipe Share - Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Last week I made a healthy version of banana bread and added mini chocolate chips. Tonight I found that I was out of chocolate chips and low on honey, so the recipe had to be switched up a bit. The end result is delicious, which leaves me thankful I doubled it up! Here is the single recipe below with healthy substitutes if you're being really good this year ;-)

3-4 Ripe Bananas
1/4 c Sunflower Oil (or sub with 1/4 c applesauce)
3/4 cup sugar (can sub 1/4 c honey)
2 eggs
1 drizzle of Vanilla Extract
1/4 t Baking Soda
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
1 1/2 c Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 package of peanut butter chips

1. Grease loaf pan (I actually used a round silicone dish and a loaf pan) and pre heat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a large fork. Add vanilla, eggs, sugar,  and oil and wisk until mixed but lumpy.

3. Add baking powder, baking soda, and whole wheat flour and mix well.

4. Fold in the peanut butter chips.

5. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.

I love walnuts but was all out. It turned out so yummy! 

Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment