Sunday, January 1, 2012

Roll of the Eye

The last part of 2011 I have been working on a stress decreaser.  It is eye rolling. 

I am pretty much a veteren at rolling my eyes.  I assume I've been doing it since I was in the womb.  I have many family members who roll their eyes several times a day, so it comes with my genes.

Instead of getting really frustrated with people, or letting others offend me, I'm just going to work on rolling my eyes.  I think I am comfortable with myself enough to where I don't really care if they see me do it anymore.  It is my right to roll my eyes, correct?  If they don't like it, they are more than welcome to roll their eyes in return, I have no problem with this.  It's much friendlier than flipping the bird.

There are great sounds that you can make to assist your eye roll.  Like "tssss" or "psshh".  There are some good assisting words as well, "Gawd", "stuuupid", or just a good old sigh.  Go ahead, try it out loud, I think you will enjoy it and find what suits you best.

My children also roll their eyes.  Never in a disrespecting way (a true eye roller knows how to do this, I'm so proud of them). 

Eye rolling can be done in private as well, as you walk away.  This is great for when it might be inappropriate to be upfront about it. 

There is also those times when you look across the room to a fellow eye roller when someone else says something rediculous.  You sometimes get the need to share in eye rolling together about something.  The need to share is so strong, that you forget there are other people in the room watching you...this falls under inappropriate eye rolling, try to keep a handle on this.  Now a days you can most likely text your friend, then just smile at her when she reads it.

My husband is more of a "lips pressed tight" sort of guy.  He has gotten caught up in my eye rolling a few times and tried it on for size, but he mainly sticks to pinching his lips real tight, it makes him look pretty pissed.  It works for him.

I do wonder though, if this is why I get headaches so frequently, maybe a strain of the eye. 

Thanks for sharing in my eye rolling thoughts.  Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I loved it! Especially when hanging out with the fellow eye roller, the husbands lips and the question about headaches, LOL! My husband and I do the "Wide Eye" where the eyes grow and get smaller. If someone catches you, you can just blame it on contacts.

    ReplyDelete