Monday, January 2, 2012

LML

Around 5 years ago, it was just me and my 2 year old boy in my apartment. It was quiet and tidy. A little boring at night when Logan went to bed, I usually just watched Oprah and went to bed.
I started dating Louie, a bit later we moved in together. A few months after that, it was his and mine...3 kids! one to three is quite a jump! It was loud, exhausting, and exciting.
We then vowed to spend our lives together. Then we became, his, mine, and ours....we had a little girl. Now it was a little louder, slightly more exhausting, and very exciting. Tidy is hard to hold on to at this point.
We went through huge changes together. I lost a parent, we bought a home in a new town, we both quit smoking (AWESOME!) I started staying home with the kids, we made it through a horrible car accident, and your general struggles.
Then we added a baby boy....his, mine, ours and another one of ours.
It is now difficult to have any quiet at all, I'm pretty much exhausted all the time, and every day is exciting. I struggle for tidy, but it is kind of a pipe dream, I don't mind chasing it though.
This has been quite the wild, high speed ride. I love it, I don't ever want to get off. I am exactly where I want to be, with exactly the people I want to be with. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our lives are filled with joy, stress, love, tears, smiles, laughs, worry, frustrations, kisses, "I love you's", hugs, hand holding (big and small hands), learning, caring, talking, singing, dancing, sharing, yelling, cuddling, and some more love. It's just how it's supposed to be.
This is how I am going into a new year, with all the above, real feelings for a real life. Surrounding myself with REAL people....friends and family...you know who you are.
This is my way of saying "LML".......(because I can't stand those three letters for some reason, makes me want to vomit).
But...I love it all, the good, the bad, the something to brag about, the something to work on....and the something to cry about.....all of it. I live my life for the 7 hearts beating under our roof.
It's real and it kicks ASS.

No comments:

Post a Comment