Monday, February 13, 2017

More Healthy Meal Prep Ideas

I thought I would share with you some of the healthy lunches I whipped up for the rest of this week. I never regret meal prepping. It ALWAYS comes in handy. Next week I start a new chapter, I will be going back to work part time at the elementary school that my two youngest children attend. I will also have delicious, healthy lunches without a lot of effort :)

I made a cup of quinoa (which goes a long way) that I cooked in vegetable broth with a touch of curry powder. I added zucchini and yellow squash that I had sautéed in olive oil and garlic, plus some peas, cilantro, and a little Parmesan cheese. I might add avocado when it's time to grub. I made two servings of this particular mix.



If you are afraid you will get bored of the same meal over and over, mix it up a little. I used the rest of the quinoa and added chili beans, salsa, cilantro, hot sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Avocado would be a tasty addition to this version as well. I made two servings of this version and STILL had quinoa to spare!



I took the rest of the quinoa and added the left over squash, chili beans, and cilantro, kind of a mix of the two together. I can always have it for dinner one night.

Filling, nutrient-rich, wheat-free, dairy free if you omit the Parmesan, lunches with no on going effort during the week.

You could try adding corn, black beans, pinto beans, mushrooms, water chestnuts, or even dried cranberries.

Let me know if you try it!

All the love,

Caffeine and Freckles

No comments:

Post a Comment