Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Recipe Share - Black Bean Hummus

This tasty hummus was easy to whip up, healthy, and can be used in many ways.



I used my Magic Bullet, which works great but is starting to sound like it's scraming at me. I may need to look into something new. I've made hummus a million times in it with chickpeas, it's the perfect size. I'll have to share one of those recipes soon, they are smooth and fresh without tihini or oil.

Anyway, the black bean hummus. I could spruce it up a bit but I used what I had on hand. I used it as a dip and used broken tostadas :-) I'm thinking it would be great on the side of a salad, a spread on a veggie burger (or beef), or used on a sandwhich instead of mayo. Lots of options!

So here it is!

1 15oz can black beans (I use organic)
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
Cumin
ceyanne pepper
black pepper
sea salt
water as needed
squeeze of lemon

I put everything in together (easy on the water at first) and blend! Add a little more water if it is too thick to blend fully. You're done! That's it! There is a lot more you can add to fancy it up but this is a nice basic recipe to throw together.

It was Shandee-tasted and approved! Thanks friend!

Enjoy!

Rotten Red

No comments:

Post a Comment