Monday, July 25, 2016

Quick and Easy Lemon-Ginger Turkey Quesadillas

Hello!

I'm trying to change up the seasoning on dinner meats. We LOVE Mexican food so I often season everything with cumin and chili powder. Over the weekend I made a fabulous pork roast that I will have to share with you next week, it was perfect for nachos, quesadillas, tacos, whatever.

Anyway, since it turned out so great with the crushed ginger I used, which I will be raving about in a future paragraph, I tried changing up my seasoning for tonight's ground turkey that I made quesadillas with.



I had found this frozen ground ginger on sale at Walmart for $1.00 a while back. 


On Sunday I thought, what the heck, let's throw it in the crock pot with the pork shoulder I planned on shredding. OMG! It was the perfect addition to the flavor!
Again, I'll share that with you next week as I plan on making another one.

This time I ditched the beloved cumin and chili powder and I browned the ground turkey with a zesty lemon seasoning (not the best health-wise, it has the can't be trusted "natural flavor" as an ingredient, but I have it and I used it), 2 ginger cubes, and half a lemon squeezed onto the browning meat.




These raw tortillas are a big hit in our home. They brown in just minutes and taste much more homemade than any store bought tortilla. They are also delicious with coconut oil and cinnamon-sugar! 😍)


Just a few ingredients and dinner is served. You can serve with a side dish but we were keeping it simple tonight and just had the quesadillas. Except for the girl, she isn't down with cheese so I made her a bean burrito. 

I heat one side just enough, turn it, and add the meat and cheese, fold, and flip.

Done!



The lemon flavor had just the right tang and change to be delicious. The ginger acted like a best friend and complimented the lemon just right.

Let me know if you try it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment